The Manningham Project mostly supports people from the Asian community, as well as people from Eastern Europe. As restrictions have eased many are approaching the Project for advice and support due to loss of income, accessing benefits and other significant issues – having been unable to properly support many people over the phone. We have worked with this excellent organisation to gain a grant of £20,000 from the National Community Lottery. We are also working to help them develop an ‘Agent of Change’ way of supporting people – so that clients are empowered to solve more for themselves rather than having ‘experts’ do it for them. Watch this space!
- Success on finding for Otley action for Older People to support isolated men through transport
- Working with Women’s Health Matters in Leeds to develop a new strategy
- Massive boost for Todmorden Hippodrome!
- Developing the new 5 year strategic plan for Home-Start Kirklees
- Called in to plug the gap for Bierley Community Association and the Life Centre