Recent successes and work for John Harris and Rachel Walmsley include:
- Raising £328,000 for Stanley Grange Community Association’s residential community for people with learning disabilities – from the Wolfson Foundation, Garfield Weston, the Gostling Foundation, Bernard Sunley, National Lottery and others
- £60,000 Lottery grant (2020) for the Adhar project in Leicester supporting BAME people with mental health issues
- £40,000 raised for the Manningham Advice project in Bradford – 2020
- Successful £300k Reaching Communities bid in 2018 for Rape and Sexual Assault Counselling Service
- Supporting 3 Leeds older people’s charities raising over £1,000,000 in contracts over the next 5 years
- Helping Otley Action for Older People develop their plans to redevelop their centre – and win the funds for this
- Lloyds Bank Foundation grant of £180,000 in 2018 – over 3 years for a charity in Huddersfield
- Delivering employment support programmes through European Funding
- Fundraising/income generation: through trusts & foundations, delivering services, contract applications, Big Lottery etc.
- John Harris MInst – John is a full member of the Chartered Institute of Fundraising and subscribes to their Code of Conduct
- He is the author of the NVCO Guide to Good Management in the Voluntary Sector
- He designed and co-delivered the Leeds University Post-Graduate Certificate in Management in the Voluntary and Public Sectors
- John has the Certificate in Management and in Humanistic Psychology
- Rachel Walmsley has worked as facilitator and development consultant for over 20 years
- Rachel is a qualified business coach working through Solution Focussed Coaching
- She is a certified change management consultant working across all sectors
- Rachel has expertise in business and strategic planning and governance
In these tough economic times, particularly on public sector finances, many charities are finding it difficult to raise the funds they need to continue let alone develop and grow. Perhaps it’s time to review your fundraising strategy? We can work with you on this vital task.
We offer genuine expertise in a range of services including: bid writing, applications to charitable trusts and foundations, to the Big Lottery and in training and coaching your staff so that you build up the strength and capacity of your own organization. We are able to draw on specialist expertise as required to complement John and Rachel’s skills and experience.