Some of our recent successes and work include:
- Raising £155,000 in 2019/2020 for Stanley Grange Community Association’s residential community for people with learning disabilities – from the Wolfson Foundation, Garfield Weston and the Gostling Foundation
- £60,000 Lottery grant for the Adhar project in Leicester supporting BAME people with mental health issues
- Successful £300k Reaching Communities bid in 2018 for Rape and Sexual Assault Counselling Service
- Supporting 3 Leeds older people’s charities raising over £1,000,000 in contracts over the next 5 years
- Helping Otley Action for Older People develop their plans to redevelop their centre – and win the funds for this
- Lloyds Bank Foundation grant of £180,000 in 2018 – over 3 years for a charity in Huddersfield
- Delivering employment support programmes through European Funding
- Fundraising/income generation: through trusts & foundations, delivering services, contract applications, Big Lottery etc.
- John Harris MInst – John is a full member of the Institute of Fundraising and subscribes to their Code of Conduct
- We are covered by professional indemnity and public liability insurance
- Project management: delivering contracts for services for the Learning and Skills Improvement Service, Education and Training Foundation etc.
- Managing the operations for a national charity: finances, fundraising, supporting the trustee board
- Delivering capacity building support to a wide range of voluntary and community organizations e.g. business planning, governance development, change management, strategic planning, management development, board and team building
- Designing and delivering post-graduate Certificate in Management in the Public and Voluntary Sectors at the University of Leeds
- Providing mentoring and coaching to chief executives
- Writing the NCVO Good Guide to Management in the Voluntary Sector and co author of the Pavilion Training Manual in Residential Child Care
- John has the Certificate in Management and is accredited in Prince2 project management
In these tough economic times, particularly on public sector finances, many charities are finding it difficult to raise the funds they need to continue let alone develop and grow. Perhaps it’s time to review your fundraising strategy? We can work with you on this vital task.
We offer genuine expertise in a range of services including: bid writing, applications to charitable trusts and foundations, to the Big Lottery and in training and coaching your staff so that you build up the strength and capacity of your own organization. We are able to draw on specialist expertise as required to complement John’s skills and experience.