Monday saw Rachel and I helping Otley Action consulting with the users and volunteers – exploring people’s views of the barriers facing older people now and in the future. A significant theme which arose was that of older people being digitally excluded from key services: banking (nearly all the banks in Otley have closed), applying for Blue Badges which now has to be done online – how does that work when people don’t have computers, use the internet or have email addresses? It looks like we’ll be working with Otley Action to address this issue. There was a great energy and atmosphere with both groups of people there.
- Developing a 5 year fundraising strategy for Together Dementia Support
- Success for ecoACTIVE in winning a grant for a Green Mentor for young people
- Thrilled to be working with ecoACTIVE!
- National Lottery comes in with a grant for Stanley Grange!
- A win from Garfield Weston for Otley Action for Older People